Spread the love.
See you there.
37 booths of unique Christmas gift potential creations. Inimitable style and culture. Great energy. Creative people.
with music curated by Sunny Side Up featuring:
Migs F’in A
Video Mix by DJ Aryan
Motherbass with NixDamnP!
Free entrance this Sunday 12nn-8pm The Playground @ Ronac Art Center
This was the last @PlatformShowMNL event.
Platform Round 2 happens this Sunday, November 25th @ the Ronac Art Center, 12nn-8pm.
Free entrance. Curated DJ sets. Open to all ages, for as long as you’ve got good vibes.
I’ve got new hosts coming onboard, new artists, new brands/designers, new sponsors, but the same substance and heart.
It’s a day to chill, network, be inspired and inspiring.
We’ll only be young in Manila once.
The Platform Show 2012 Video to be shared by you only if:
- You believe in the creative Filipino youth
- You were there
- You weren’t there but wish you were
- You know someone that should have been there
- You didn’t know what our city was about, but now you do
Remembering #PlatformShow 2012 — The Teaser. Full recap coming your way…soon.
Build and they will come.
Props to DJ Fabian for being a propagator of passion.
It’s time! What we’ve been working on for the past few months comes into fruition this Sunday, March 18th 12nn-8pm at the Ronac Art Center, Ortigas Ave. cor Santolan
Manila’s First Youth Culture Convention. Free Entrance.
Expect 40 booths of dynamic brands offering everything from eyelash art, vintage sunglasses, sneakers, wedge heels, to fish tacos, tailor made button downs, original men’s and women’s Manila wear, and barbershop services!
Raffle prizes, open bar, live art by Egg Fiasco, and carefully curated music care of Sunny Side Up. Check the roster:
It’s also the culmination of our posturaproject.com 30-Day challenge to wear something Filipino made every day!
And here’s my ANC guesting from Wednesday morning, just in case all of that wasn’t enough. :)
See you on Sunday!
Come prepared to buy whatever catches your eye!
All my love,
- The way Kendrick Lamar’s voice breaks in his verse on “His Pain” - a track by BJ the Chicago Kid. “I don’t know why you keep blessing me…”
- The smell of tinola cooking in my kitchen.
- How many major brands are taking interest in our Platform event.
- The love note my 6 year old daughter just gave me (and how she’s unflinching in her desire to come watch a J.Dilla tribute documentary showing with me while her Dad plays basketball tonight).
- My brother’s unhindered genius in words and music.
- The work that has been flowing in and making quality of life just…superb.
- That I woke up this morning.
- That my “Stay Gold” tattoo is permanent.
- The amazing things I’m able to do for Philippine fashion and independent designers in the next few weeks with both Platform and The Postura Project.
- For the burn in my triceps and thighs after a painful first visit to my trainer in 3 years.
- Everyone that takes the time to tell me little things that moved them, or that they appreciated, on Tumblr, on Twitter, in person - even though they know I’m weird and shy about replying or taking compliments like that.
- That my eyes are green, my skin is brown, and my hair is black.
- Assistance, in the form of assistants, and team mates, and friends, and family.
- My iPhone. No joke.
- Skin Science offering to be my dermatologist sponsor, and Alex Carbonell at Studio Fix finally coming back into the picture to take care of my hair.
- The Fernando sisters - listeners of our radio show that turned into two of the biggest supporters I’ve ever known. Regular box deliveries of homemade pandesal and cupcakes, banana chips, pastillas…you name it. Texts and DMs that you were remembered at Mass. So consistent.
- MY SQUAD. Teamwork makes the dream work, and I think I’ve finally found my magic links for the chain I need to haul this vision into reality. #TheBridge
- Sago’t Gulaman. Yun lang.
- And this amazing art installation by Claire Morgan:
“Now I know why He keeps blessing me…
…so I can bless you.”
- Kendrick Lamar