I’m almost happy I left New York before summer ended, because I can’t imagine how much harder it would have been to watch the sun set earlier, feel the air get cooler, notice the shift in energy from backyard BBQ to book and bank time queues.
But my summer was perfect, and ended on the most wonderful note (God ever wrote).
When I wasn’t in school or with family, my beautiful Couch Sessions squad kept me smiling, trap-eoke-ing, learning, singing, dancing, and rollercoastering.
It’s bittersweet for me to post this final Summer Sessions mixtape for 2012 because it only reminds me that they’re sitting in Brooklyn somewhere, laughing together, working on playlists and booking incredible artists. But music is my favorite time machine, and in the same way I always invite you to hold my hand by listening to a playlist together virtually, I’m depending heavily on music to make sure I can share their highs and lows with them.
Enjoy - it’s just as pertinent to Manila rainy days as it is to New York summers. Promise.
Don’t forget to pay it forward. Share with someone that might find a smile in it. Download link: http://soundcloud.com/thecouchsessions/summersoulsessionsvol3
And to add to your followables:
1. Muhsinah - One
2. Body Language - Social Studies
3. Jack Johnson - Losing Keys (Katalyst Remix)
4. Darius Rucker - Butterfly
5. Electric Guest - This Hand I Hold
6. Janelle Monáe - Tightrope (Feat. Big Boi)
7. Lenny Kravitz - Thinking Of You
8. Los Rakas - Copita de Champaña
9. Body Language - You Can
10. TV Girl - Benny and the Jetts
11. Bryan Ellis - Wonderful Life
12. Kimbra - Call Me
13. TV Girl - Sweaters
14. Amy Winehouse - Valerie
15. Stars - This Charming Man
16. Fatboy Slim - Praise You
17. Best Coast - Our Deal
18. Van Hunt - Dust
19. Graffiti 6 - Free
20. Drake - Let’s Call It Off (Feat. Peter Bjorn & John)
21. Ben Westbeech - Something For The Weekend
22. Alex Care - Too Close
23. Coldplay - God Put A Smile On Your Face
24. Peter Bjorn and John - Young Folks