Cleaning up online accounts and found my YouTube page. Made this video over a year and a half ago. Manila, same? Commitments, same?
Spread the love.
See you there.
37 booths of unique Christmas gift potential creations. Inimitable style and culture. Great energy. Creative people.
with music curated by Sunny Side Up featuring:
Migs F’in A
Video Mix by DJ Aryan
Motherbass with NixDamnP!
Free entrance this Sunday 12nn-8pm The Playground @ Ronac Art Center
This was the last @PlatformShowMNL event.
Platform Round 2 happens this Sunday, November 25th @ the Ronac Art Center, 12nn-8pm.
Free entrance. Curated DJ sets. Open to all ages, for as long as you’ve got good vibes.
I’ve got new hosts coming onboard, new artists, new brands/designers, new sponsors, but the same substance and heart.
It’s a day to chill, network, be inspired and inspiring.
We’ll only be young in Manila once.
In the wake of Zac Efron, Leighton Meester, the brothers Jonas, the siblings Kardashian, and Adam Levine touching down at Manila’s jaw-clenchingly infamous airport to endorse booming Filipino-born clothing brands, we decided it was only fitting to invite yet another influencer to lend his popularity to further progress our country’s local retail and creative industry.
Only thing is, he’s not doing billboard shoots or a concert.
And still, while they may not show up to his appearances screaming hysterically, jeffstaple’s followers are perhaps more crazed and cult-like than those of any Hollywood-fangled celebrity to ever visit our shores: they have lined up for days, sleeping on streets around the world to get their hands on his latest product, and spent years searching and bidding online for his creations. Kids have resurrected dreams and parents have pushed forward with support, based solely on his story of success, which is ultimately why we’re pretty stoked that he’s on his way here to talk to to a room full of some of the Philippines’ most underrated visionaries, sub-stream pioneers, and future game changers.
Recognizing this opportunity for young, expressive Manila, WIP Caps and GreyOne Social hold true to their celebration of fresh concepts, big ideas, and great energy, by helping the man behind the pigeon land in our city next week.
It is with their support, along with the cooperation of Status Magazine and our venue hosts Secret Fresh and co.lab xchange, that the first installment of PLATFORM TALKS with jeffstaple will be happening in Manila, on October 30th at 2pm.
Here’s a beautiful fourteen-minute documentary featuring Jeff that was shared consistently by some of my most successful friends:
Looking forward to defining a new perspective on your potential, Manila.
When the fabric of influence is maximized by stellar design and execution, quality and substance can clothe a nation. Ya heard?
See you Tuesday!
Throwback post: Jeff gives me an exclusive look at his design sketchbook. Layout by Christian San Jose.
Remembering #PlatformShow 2012 — The Teaser. Full recap coming your way…soon.
It’s time! What we’ve been working on for the past few months comes into fruition this Sunday, March 18th 12nn-8pm at the Ronac Art Center, Ortigas Ave. cor Santolan
Manila’s First Youth Culture Convention. Free Entrance.
Expect 40 booths of dynamic brands offering everything from eyelash art, vintage sunglasses, sneakers, wedge heels, to fish tacos, tailor made button downs, original men’s and women’s Manila wear, and barbershop services!
Raffle prizes, open bar, live art by Egg Fiasco, and carefully curated music care of Sunny Side Up. Check the roster:
It’s also the culmination of our posturaproject.com 30-Day challenge to wear something Filipino made every day!
And here’s my ANC guesting from Wednesday morning, just in case all of that wasn’t enough. :)
See you on Sunday!
Come prepared to buy whatever catches your eye!
All my love,
- The way Kendrick Lamar’s voice breaks in his verse on “His Pain” - a track by BJ the Chicago Kid. “I don’t know why you keep blessing me…”
- The smell of tinola cooking in my kitchen.
- How many major brands are taking interest in our Platform event.
- The love note my 6 year old daughter just gave me (and how she’s unflinching in her desire to come watch a J.Dilla tribute documentary showing with me while her Dad plays basketball tonight).
- My brother’s unhindered genius in words and music.
- The work that has been flowing in and making quality of life just…superb.
- That I woke up this morning.
- That my “Stay Gold” tattoo is permanent.
- The amazing things I’m able to do for Philippine fashion and independent designers in the next few weeks with both Platform and The Postura Project.
- For the burn in my triceps and thighs after a painful first visit to my trainer in 3 years.
- Everyone that takes the time to tell me little things that moved them, or that they appreciated, on Tumblr, on Twitter, in person - even though they know I’m weird and shy about replying or taking compliments like that.
- That my eyes are green, my skin is brown, and my hair is black.
- Assistance, in the form of assistants, and team mates, and friends, and family.
- My iPhone. No joke.
- Skin Science offering to be my dermatologist sponsor, and Alex Carbonell at Studio Fix finally coming back into the picture to take care of my hair.
- The Fernando sisters - listeners of our radio show that turned into two of the biggest supporters I’ve ever known. Regular box deliveries of homemade pandesal and cupcakes, banana chips, pastillas…you name it. Texts and DMs that you were remembered at Mass. So consistent.
- MY SQUAD. Teamwork makes the dream work, and I think I’ve finally found my magic links for the chain I need to haul this vision into reality. #TheBridge
- Sago’t Gulaman. Yun lang.
- And this amazing art installation by Claire Morgan:
“Now I know why He keeps blessing me…
…so I can bless you.”
- Kendrick Lamar
June Marieezy ft. RBTO with “Sometimes”.
Making music. #itsmorefuninthephilippines
Pulled this link from a Philippine Airlines Tweet, of all things, and was surprised to find our city nightlife options quite comprehensively represented.
Save this somewhere, for a future trip, an e-mail to an overseas friend, for you or a friend’s moonlit tour of Manila’s best.
Smiling. What I love most about being part of this little lady’s journey is witnessing the process of progress. Especially the 3:47am e-mails of edits she wrote, vocalized, and mixed herself.
2012 is going to be so soulworthy for you, my BG. Stand up straight, arch your back, and unfold those wings!
- @TheBridgeFiles: Part of my squad on duty for the night.
- California Luv: Anne, Roscoe Umali, Jay-P, Dee Jae Pa’este
- Amazing Face: Rovilson Fernandez
- Wavey: Scoe and Apl
- Ledge nanaman, leche. : Me.
- Where are we, Virginia Beach?: Omar Quiambao and Slapshock’s lead lad, Jamir
- Love, in the art of the city: BBoy Tolo of the Funk Roots Crew, Bea Tantoco, and Macky M.
- Damn that DJ made my day: Jazzy Jeff
- Progress: DJ Jazzy Jeff and Nix Damn P!
- La Bridge Familia (and the tech guy).
Rockin’ with The Magnificent DJ Jazzy Jeff last night in Manila! #DamnThatDJMadeMyDay